Do you have stuff laying around the house that you don’t use anymore? Chances are, you probably do! I know I did, and I knew I could make money from these things laying around somehow. How you may ask? By using Decluttr! I’ll show you how Decluttr works and how you can easily make a hundred bucks a month from it!
At this point, you’re probably thinking “but how about selling my stuff on eBay or something?” The thing about eBay is that you could post something, but what if nobody wants it? It would be just stuck on the website hoping that somebody might buy it, and it might take weeks or months before anybody buys it. Not a good strategy unless you enjoy the hassle.
Declutter takes care of that by instantly offering you money for your old and unused items. Not only are you de-cluttering your home and getting rid of old stuff, but you can make some cash doing it! Let’s explore how Decluttr works.
What is Decluttr?
Decluttr is a site that makes it super easy to sell books, DVDs, CDs, old Tech and gadgets like mobile phones and radios. If you have things like this laying around, then instead of letting them sit and collect dust, you can sell them on Decluttr and some cash.
How does Decluttr work?
The best feature of Decluttr is that it offers you instant offers for things that you want to get rid of. Simply download their mobile app or go to their website and you can directly scan the barcodes on the item you want to sell! How Decluttr works is pretty straightforward.
Once you have an offer for the item you want to get rid of, you confirm the order, and you are given a free shipping label and box. Just grab the box, pack it up with your stuff, and ship it. So not only do you get an instant cash offer on your item, but you also get to ship it away for free!
After the item you sent gets delivered, Decluttr inspects the item and if all goes well we’ll issue you a full payment following business day. You can choose to have your payments sent to you into your Decluttr account, PayPal, or a physical check in the mail.
Great! So what can I sell?
Now that we figured out how exactly Decluttr works, now we need to figure out what exactly you can sell. Here are categories that are accepted on Decluttr:
- Movies and DVDs: The year is 2020. Chances are you probably stream most of your movies. If that’s the case, then you probably also have DVDs that you simply don’t watch anymore. Instead of letting them sit and gather dust, you can always opt to sell them on Decluttr and get some cash!
- Video Games: You’re anything like me, and also play video games, then you know how old and boring some games get. I could finish a game and maybe play it one more time, but after that, it becomes boring And I don’t play it anymore. Guess what? You can just sell your old games instead and to make a quick buck!
- Books: Maybe you’re a college student and you have old college books that you don’t read anymore. Or maybe you have a big collection of novels that you read already and aren’t interested in Reading. If that’s the case, then Decluttr can give you instant offers on the books you have. Why not clear up that bookshelf and make some money.
- Cell Phones: This one is a big one. Instead of having old phones just sitting in drawers and not being used, you could sell them and make some money. Don’t worry, Decluttr will buy almost any brand including Samsung, HTC, LG, and more. Instead of trading in that phone, Decluttr typically offers more than what your carrier would! Definitely should be your first option!
- Other Tech: Maybe you have old gaming systems, old laptops, and maybe old smartwatches. Any of these can be sold to Decluttr. Just keep in mind, they don’t accept anything and everything, so no harm in giving it a try. If they want it, you will get an instant offer. Easy as pie!
Pros of using Decluttr
- You get to De-clutter your home: as the name suggests, not only are you making some cash, you’re getting to clear out your space of unwanted items. This gives you the satisfaction of a cleaner space with less clutter lying around! A huge plus in my book.
- You can earn money: Instead of just throwing away things, this is a great way to earn money while you’re at it! Strapped for cash and just want to earn an extra side income? This is a great way to do it!
- Instant offers, no hassle: Unlike trying to sell your items on Cragislist or eBay, you get instant offers for your items. You don’t have to worry about meeting strangers or paying for shipping when you sell items online. They make the process much much easier
Cons of using Decluttr
- Not all items can be sold: You might have a huge list of things you want to get rid of. Decluttr doesn’t just buy anything and everything from you. So take note that some items might not be what they are looking for, and some items may be too bad of a condition for them to buy from you
- Might sell for lower than if you sold it yourself: Unlike selling your items on eBay, Decluttr might offer you a lower price than if you sold it yourself elsewhere. The thing is, are you willing to go through the hassle of selling the items yourself, or the convenience of getting rid of the items using Decluttr? Something to keep in mind
How to make $100 a month with Decluttr?
Now comes the fun part! You could actually resell items on Decluttr and make a killing! If you are near a Goodwill or a similar store, you could probably get some items Decluttr is willing to buy for really cheap!
Grab your phone and head over to the store. If you bump into some books, games, or some tech items, you could enter them into the Decluttr app. Once entered, you get an instant offer for the item. If you are offered more than what it’s going for, then buy it and send it to Decluttr!
Since Decluttr works by buying your unwanted items, Decluttr will offer you cash for items that you enter into the app. So you can easily scan to see if it’s an item worth selling to them. This is a super-easy way to make some cash on the side. If you have free evenings or free weekends, you could go to various stores and do this. Rinse and repeat 🙂 Voila, you now have a decent side hustle that makes you some money!
If it’s time to clean up your house and get rid of some stuff, then Decluttr is an awesome no-hassle way to do that. Remember, you aren’t going to be offered loads of money for your items, but it’s cash nevertheless. Instead of donating or just throwing stuff away, you’re going to get paid instead! Not a bad deal! And if you go about reselling items on Decluttr, you could actually end up earning a good side income. Decluttr It’s definitely worth a shot! Check it out!
Like it? Pin it!