Thanks for taking an interest in Guest Posting on my blog 🙂 I definitely love posting other people’s opinions and content. Having diversity and different perspectives is key!
Before posting a Guest Post on the blog, it’s important that I disclose some guidelines first, so you know exactly what you can expect.
Here are some good pointers to consider when submitting a guest post on Digest Your Finances:
- Must be unique and not posted elsewhere
- Post must be 900+ words minimum. The more the better
- They should not sound like an ad, so make them personal
- No grammatical errors or profanity allowed
- Try not to repeat topics already thoroughly covered on this site
- No plagiarized content
- No Affiliate links within the article
- Use headings to break up the content into sections
- No more than 2 external links within the post
Who can guest post?
As long as you can write, you can guest post 🙂
I’ve found that writing and sharing content is a wonderful creative outlet for myself, and probably a lot more people. You don’t have to be a blogger to blog. I have posted guest articles from people just wanting to share their experiences and opinions. Definitely worth a try if you’ve never done so.
If you are already a blogger, then I prefer that you would have been blogging for at least 6 months. That shows a level of commitment to your blog so that you won’t just abandon your blog and leave dead links in the guest post. Not fun cleaning those up.
What type of content can I write about?
I never like to put restrictions on what people write, but it’s also important that the content placed on this site is relevant to my readers. So here are some points to also consider:
- How you spend and control your money
- How you reached financial independence, or are on your way
- Why ____ is bad for your finances, and you should do ____ instead
- The Pros and Cons to doing ____ so you can reach financial Independence
- Top 10 List of ____ that can help your finances or reach financial freedom
- How to invest, or what to invest in
- Passive income and side hustle ideas
- How to tackle student loans or have them forgiven
These are just a few ideas to give you a head start. Of course, your post might not be related to any of the given examples, but it must fit within the overall picture of the blog posts here and the audience.
How to submit a guest post
To submit a guest post, you can either send me a completed Word Document directly to my email, or you can reach out to me on the contact page first. We’ll talk about ideas then we’re off to the races!
Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or thoughts, and I’ll definitely get back to you at “hello (at) digestyourfinances (dot) com”